A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Beginning a Free-Form Quilt--Quilter Beth

Last night, I had a chance to work a bit on my free-form quilt. It is SO much fun to work without rules. I started with the blocks I separated from the quilt itself. (I'll work on the remaining portion of the quilt later.)

It is so dreary and gray outside right now that working with lots of color feels REALLY good. This is currently on my design wall.

4 comments:

  1. Those bright colors ought to shake the winter doldrums away! I've enjoyed watching everyone's progress using Rayna's techniques. It has me itching to work on one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the sun shining in the windows! Actually, I am busy with the same free form technique, but I didn't had the guts to cut it again.... May be after seeing your results, I will be brave enough today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours and forms! Inhardly ever work with such strong colours like these but I do love how it looks, so bright and cheerfull.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would have ever thought that these exciting blocks came from the...umm....boring quilt you started with!! WOW! I hope you continue working and showing us your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.