A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Orphan???

I am one of those obnoxious people who finishes every quilt started. Ugly but true. Then I remembered a traditional quilt I made for myself that held very special meaning to me. It was a green and purple "Drunkards Path" 96 "X 96".

When I was making the 24" blocks, I made one too many. I do believe that makes it an orphan. I started to take the large 24" block apart into the 16 - 6" units then stopped. I think I will leave some of it together and see what interesting slices I can make. I still don't have my book back yet and I actually haven't read one word of it. So I am anxious to get it back so I can catch up with everyone.

Poor little orphan

4 comments:

  1. Is that a hint, Beth? LOL The book is in my stack of things to bring on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't picked up the book yet either Beth - my plan was to buy it during my Christmas vacation (foiled by my extended illness) and I just got home from the first of two surgeries so it'll be a few days at least before I pick it up. however, I have a lot of orphan blocks as well as a quilt top to work with once I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous color combination: one of my favorites. And the quilt is beautiful. I love to combine those colors with hot pink, orange, and/or golden yellow. Yummy!

    Where is your book???? Did you lend it to someone before you even read it?? AARRGGHH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a finisher too! Doesn't matter how much I grow to dislike the quilt, it must be completed! Then usually donated!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.