A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I am blown away

by all the fabulous work that is coming from the group.  And not one looks like anybody else's! Wow!!
After a break for almost a week for entertaining houseguests here from out of town (the last one left today) I haven't had time till today to work on the two center sections of the block I cut up.

Remember these?
Here they are after quite a few cut-paste-recut-etc.  I think it needs more of something. All I wanted to do was get rid of the swastika and I have succeeded.  But...
This is just one section of the blocks I sewed together to show what you can do.  But you've done much more interesting and beautiful work, so  I don't think you need any more instructions!  I'm glad we had a chance to play together and Iove seeing what you're doing!  Thanks for inviting me!
hugs,


7 comments:

  1. This has been a fabulous month of tutorials and work done by so many. It was an inspiration and just we wanted when we started this blog last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rayna. I've really had fun this month. I'm also hoping to have a couple of FINISHED products using your technique before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you got rid of those swastikas! I enjoyed this month -- I wish I had more time to work on it -- but I will be doing more of this in the future. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a fun start to our new year Rayna - don't be a stranger, come back and visit us again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plan to follow what you are doing (except when you set things on fire) and will be poking my head (and my two cents) in whenever I can. Any questions along the way, e-mail me!
    hugs to all,
    R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started to get rid of ugly blocks and follow your posts. I don't like brown and ecru colors and now my blocks have an interesting colour. Thank you Rayna!
    http://quiltaart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rayna,
    Hugs and kisses for all your work on our blog in January! We LOVE your book and LOVE LOVE LOVE the technique!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.