A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Progress on my white blocks

I first showed you the white 4 1/2 inch blocks that I am slicing and dicing in this post. The plain white blocks were slightly changed and marginally more exciting when I started.  I have continued working with them and have gotten far more free with my rotary cutter.  Here are some of my newer revamped blocks.



 I have started joining the revamped blocks with strip sets to create a new art work--my second from my experiments from Rayna's book.   I am very excited about this new work!   I'll show pictures of it as it gets closer to being finished.

2 comments:

  1. Ah- now you're cooking! That last picture is really nice. You'll find you will get freer as you go along. Good progress, Judith!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.