A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Another day in slice-n-dice-ville

Done for another day. I basically don't like what I did and I am not looking for compliments in some passive aggressive way. I DO like this one and will probably make it into a stand alone piece.
I just need to find a way to knock back the orange. Time will tell. These are the other three.


I WAS listening to a pretty good book on MP3 which covered both days so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

5 comments:

  1. it's funny how we all see things with different eyes. I love the last two pieces - especially the second to last with the shoot in the middle - so much potential - what will it be? a beautiful flower, a potato vine, the beginning of a new redwood which will be here long after our children's children are gone? - so much future tense in that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the center of the blocks but I think you took the easy way out by simply framing them. It took the power out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you mean, "knock back the orange?" Embrace it! Add another round of orange.

    Which units do you not like? And what bothers you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a color family person. I like a TOUCH of yellowy orange to go with my color family green, turquoise, blue, and purple like THAT was a secret. As Judith saw right through me, I just got lazy at the end. I liked the top block because of the very thin slices. I do improvisational quilts frequently but they are large with lots of heavy quilting. Maybe I just didn't like using commercial fabric although god knows I will never use it in a quilt so why not put it to good use in this exercise. I probably got lazy because I am in the midst of trying something new that I am excited about. Judith is quilting one of her pieces here today and I am finishing a quilt that stopped me and has been sitting in the corner for almost a year. I am hours from finishing it and working on it today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don´t like what you did??? I think you need a break. And check again later. It is really gorgeous. Please continue!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.