A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sometimes I Hate Blogger

Because it won't let me post comments.  For the past week.  So I'm putting up a post with my comments.  In the previous post, Beth from Maine, my wall and floor are covered with strip-sets that I've sewn in the past week.  I'm trying to find the motivation to go work with them.  I do like your purple blocks.

Kit!  I know you found the book -- but I tried and tried to post a comment -- my friend, Cathy Neri, of QBU Books has a special limited time offer for "friends of Karen" for Rayna's book -- it includes free shipping.  You can reach her toll free at: (877) 315-7131 or at QuiltingBooksUnlimited@gmail.com.

Quilter Beth -- I love those colors -- I'm wondering, after looking at yours and Beth from Maine's posts, if I need to ditch the soft colors and go back to my brights.

Judith!  Your pieces are just fantastic.  Again, I think I need to ditch the soft colors -- it's so cold outside, I must need brights!  Although, my son liked the dragon fabrics I used.

So now I'm going to go downstairs to pull some COLOR from my stash and see if I can perk up all this blah.  TTFN...

5 comments:

  1. http://quiltswissy.blogspot.com/2012/01/seems-lot-of-people-are-having-comment.html

    This will help you with the comment problem. I think a lot of people are having that same issue. I heard from a number of them when I was vocal about my problem.

    I think blogger is working on it. Maybe.....
    glen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The webmaster of this blog can change the settings to 'Open comment form in a new page'. Instad of beneath the post. That will solve it for some frequently used browsers like Explorer 9.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info about the book Karen, but yes, it's already on it's way to me - in fact, I think I should be able to take delivery of it tomorrow. *crosses fingers* I should think myself lucky I guess to be able to get it in two weeks in Canada even if it's not readily available in stores; my friend from the UK who wants it can't get it all! (|So when I'm done with this challenge I'll send it on to her.)

    I've been auditioning orphan blocks and I've finally decided on one so once I get the book I'll be able to start working.

    I like your "blah" but you know, I'm very fond of muted and limited palettes. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I think your strip sets are good backgrounds but you do need to find something to be the star. Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer wordpress, it's safer than blogger!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.