A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Friday, October 22, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Here is the format:
1. Every month there will be a technique we will all try together and report our results.
2. We'll take turns choosing the technique for the month. If it is my month to choose then I will give as much direction as possible or tell you where the directions can be found.
3. Participants may follow the directions given or, if they have their own preferred method of the technique, they may use it and explain their method.
4. Participants will post 2-3 times per month showing their process. Posts don't have to be long and can be scheduled in advance.
5. Finished products are not required but would be nice occasionally to show what can be done with that gorgeous fabric just made. Posts can also include failures, mistakes, and comments like "I will never do this
6. Followers will be encouraged to try the techniques and send us links to their results. We'll post the links for everyone to see.
7. Beginning date is projected to be Jan 2011.