A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saving a UFO

Unlike Beth, I rarely finish anything before I am lured away to new interests.  I used to beat myself up about that but now have accepted that free-spirit part of my personality.  Because of my habits, I have tons of UFO's to choose from but I have decided to combine three pieces I created in my first Nancy Crow workshop.  None of them are worth finishing on their own but could come together nicely in a free-form quilt.

 The first assignment was to create a black and white motif sized at about 2 x 3 ft. 

 The second assignment was to use that motif to create a 2 x 3 ft piece incorporating whites, off-whites, black, and greys.  

 The third assignment was to create a 3 x 4 ft piece using the same motif and incorporating browns along with the previous whites, blacks, and greys.


 To join with them I found these orphans from another quilt that will begin to give some color to the mix.  These were cut back before I quit using a ruler to cut my fabric.

WISH ME LUCK!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you have a great start on something beautiful. I, too, create many UFOs. I'm still trying to embrace that part of my personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see amazing possibilities for those UFOs. I'm looking forward to the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks interesting! Can't wait to see how this turns out. Or will it end up another UFO? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these outcomes of free creative work you girls are coming up with. Seems a bit like doodle drawing or experimental drawing. Just wondering though what are ufo's in quilting language? Rob G:)

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.