A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My third week with stitch shibori.

Hello, here Eke Krug again, I am a guest on this blog this month, you can see me every Tuesday in October.
This is already the third week with stitch shibori. Time flies when you're having fun. And fun it is!
It is nice to sit and stitch, it is exiting when the dyeing process starts, and it is wonderful to see appear the lines while pulling out the threads.


This week parallel lines, another challenge. I made my six swatches and decided to make four bigger parts by the size of 50 x 75 cm. Those will be the middle of the quilt I will make, and all the other swatches will surround it.


 This is the first draft of my plan.


First big part with parallel lines.


After dyeing, the colour doesn't look like the real one, that is brighter and more green.

And here my six swatches for this week.























 The colours I used  this time are: amber (a dark yellow) and azurite (a nice blue one),  in the following amounts: 30/70, 50/50 ans 70/30%. The bigger one with the parallel lines I dyed in 50/50%.

Also I started embroidering the first swatches with the straight lines.






And of course, I had to lay it together with the big part, the way it will be in the quilt.


This was my selection for the third week. I do like playing with the lines and thinking how the quilt will be when it is ready. Today I bought a new sewing machine, so I can go for it.
See you next Tuesday with the area enclosing.

My blog: ekeskleurdesign

7 comments:

  1. Great samples. Love the stitch you have added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pieces. I love the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic! You are giving inspiration for a new project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the finished quilt, with all your lovely stitched designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...these pieces worked really well. And I love the way you are adding the embroidery stitches. I love the
    piece with the 3 intersecting squares where you added crosses and straight stitches..And the little semi-circle bursts at the ends of the straight lines in another piece!
    The quilt will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the hand stitching/shibori posts...these are so nice!!! Thanks for showing so many different patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am intrigued by your results and love how the embroidery enhances your shibori. You inspire me. Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.