A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Friday, February 13, 2015

Painting techniques day 8

Sponging

I have tried a few ways to use sponges on fabric. There are probably many ways but these are my favorites. 


This is a piece of fabric that I previously painted.


I am using a car sponge to apply gold Probrite paint. I LOVE this sponge and have been using it for years.



In the sun


This is a piece of fabric I used to blot some black paint. When dried I took a damp sponge and wiped Buttercream ProBrite paint all over the misted surface so that the mica would add sparkle.


In very bright sun so you can see the overall shine. This fabric actually looks like the photo above.


5 comments:

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.