A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Saturday, December 6, 2014

We interrupt this regularly scheduled program to bring you the following announcement

I don't know what euphemism your TV uses when they interrupt a show but my title is the announcement I remember.  Since I am writing a post that has nothing to do with deconstructed screen printing (our regularly scheduled theme for the month), I thought the above announcement was perfect.

The Friday, Saturday, and Sunday after Thanksgiving my husband and I traveled to Auburn New York to see the Art=Quilts=Art show at the Schweinfurth Museum.  Oh, what a great show!  And to my surprise I saw a quilt in the show from our own Beata!  Since she can't come and see it hanging in the show, I took a picture of it.  I also have some detail pictures of her hand stitching and a copy of her artist statement.  Enjoy!




12 comments:

  1. Although I am quite wedded to my camera these days, a work such as this one makes me want to take out my needles and thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How impressive, Including silentlybso many emotions.... Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judith, thanks for the pictures ... and for everybody: thanks for your comments. Your praises mean much to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a huge fan of handwork, this is by far one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning art work and such a great artists statement. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Beata. Wow, the Schweinfurth, how wonderful. Beautiful work that came from pain. It is an honor to know you!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.