A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

The set up

These are three wooden screens I am going to set up. I also added but didn't photograph the foam core board screen which I have used before. I will also have  comments on that screen later.


I mixed a quart of print paste and made it particularly thick this time because I wanted as little drip through as possible.



I started with a 1/2 to 3/4 cup of very thick print paste with about a half teaspoon of golden yellow (ProChem MX)



and about the same amount of deep navy and put them into squirt bottles



These are the squirted designs I made





I did the one below first but since I still had a bit of dye left in the bottle I set up the foam core screen above.




Now these will have to dry over night. What I forgot to photograph was the padding on the table with a piece of cloth over it to catch any drips. You'll see this later.

2 comments:

  1. Love deconstructed screen prints but oh I hate waiting overnight to dry the screen. I sure look forward to seeing how your prints turn out.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.