I came across these 2 pieces of material when I was looking for pink or green fabric for my current project. It is from the first experiment that Beth and I tried. I am not sure of the date but it might have been four years ago. I was the "teacher," though I had never done it, and she was the willing student. I dyed the screens ahead of time and then we used the soda ash print paste to release the dyes. We didn't even have squeegees that fit the screen and instead scraped with an old credit card. You can see the lines created by the credit card. I am pretty sure I had previously died the fabric pink so the screen printing was just the green. I loved my results but Beth (who likes color, all color, all the time) was not impressed.
Beth kept experimenting and then invited me over for another lesson. She was the teacher this time. Here are some more prints from that session of deconstructed screen printing. This is maybe just from a couple of years ago. I finally got smart and started laying more than one screen.