A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Monday, December 15, 2014

The final results

The funny part was looking at the batched and washed fabric as it came out of the dryer. I thought to myself, "The colors are so pale". Now if you'll remember, I specifically mixed the print paste pale so I'm not quite sure why I was so surprised!


The circles and squiggles



I think this was my favorite print and it was from the foam core board screen with the last dregs of dye. Go figure. 



The striped one



The circle screen again - nice colors



I pulled three prints from the exhausting screens one on top of the other. These are them.



Circle and squiggle together



All three



This was a clean-up rag.



This was a rag I smeared print paste on to get it off the squeegee then laid the striped screen on it while I cleaned up



Same as above



Nothing seems to be helping this ugly thing. I am determined to make it beautiful one day.

Next post something different in deconstructing.

1 comment:

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.