A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Friday, December 19, 2014

Trying the screens out

Here is the first pulls with colored dye with soda ash added.












I had so much thickened dye left, I went for a second layer.




I pulled green and blue through the screen but look at those little bits of golden yellow!! I LOVE this.


Next post washed out, ironed and MORE!

3 comments:

  1. Love your results, Beth! These are really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this screen print info has been great. Always a surprise, I can see why you enjoy creating them. Love the citrus slice prints!I wonder if people not in "our world" can understand the excitement when lifting a screen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way that the different colours are showing through.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.