A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Monoprinting

I've seen a lot of monprinting in my time but this was a new twist I never saw coming.




I am going to do a few designs on paper in preparation for my monoprinting session.



I cut pieces of paper from a 36" roll of tracing paper. It made things very easy.







5 comments:

  1. Mono printing is exciting because it is not predictable. I have done a little with thickened dyes on heavy vinyl and fabric paint on a Gelli plate so I am interested to se where you are headed with this post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have my undivided attention!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I will have to try this. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! New to me as well. I'll be trying this!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.