A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Thursday, November 27, 2014

End of monoprinting

Here are the final monoprinted pieces after wash, dry and ironing. The first one I REALLY like and may  do more around this.







This is the piece of apron fabric from Fingerprint with the directions for sewing the apron. 




7 comments:

  1. Nice to see that you put colour in it. Looks like you had a lot of fun making this. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great inspiration... love all of the pieces including the text from FINGERPRINT (gotta love Laura Kemshall and hubby Jamie). Cut it up and include it in one large piece featuring all of your prints. Makes me want to get printing for sure.
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Bethany
    Kingston, ON

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to add if I've forgotten to soda soak fabric before dyeing I add the soda to my dye mix then when its dry I steam it. I believe this is what they did in the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really enjoyed these monoprinting posts. Even gave it a try. Check out my experiments on my blog at http://jeanneairdartfabricandquilts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really have got some excellent results and I like the addition of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your work. Can you tell me what you did to
    Get the black scribbles on the. Fabric?

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.