A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Inspiration for your evening and tomorrow

More inspiration photos in this afternoon!! I love how all of you are so generous to share your wonderful photos with us. Thanks a million!

Also, a link to Marjee's Flikr page with some beautiful texture found in macro photos of minerals. You will want to check this out.  Click HERE to view the album.

And here are photos from Jenny, and the two other guest artists for this month - Ann and Francie. Thanks you guys!!



I'm closing up shop for the day but I'll be back! If I get in more photos, I'll be posting them tomorrow afternoon! 

Enjoy your weekend!!


3 comments:

  1. The spotted, yellow leaf and chain fence, in the first group of photos, are fascinating. The chain link in the second set of photos really stands out. I always think of myself as drawn to natural/organic textures but it's the man made ones that are really speaking to me. I guess that's my first surprise for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite their appearance, I don't believe any of the photos are really fence. In the first set what looks like a chain link fence was plastic set in the ground in a parking area. And in the second set, if you are looking at the center photo, that is some sort of ventilation thing for a greenhouse. I have the habit of taking random photos of strange textures, man made or otherwise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is why eye witness testimony is so often suspect. I personally don't know what those two photos are of since they were sent to me by others this week. However, the one thing we can all agree on, which is the surprise Jo was excited about...both are man-made. Yep, it is exciting to discover interesting texture both organic and industrial!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.