A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Monday, May 26, 2014

Sharing a fellow artists work - Lutradur samples

Over a year ago now I gave a workshop for the Burlington Fibre Artists. They are a great group. I am not a member this year... needed to scale back a bit .... but they are really the people who set me off on this journey.

I asked the group if they had anything to share and Judy Makinson sent me a group of pictures that she had done with the samples that evening.

Judy is a member of the Burlington Fibre Artists, the Group of Eight  fibre artists and has her own blog judymakinson.blogspot.ca  and has exhibited in many shows including her groups own shows and Fibre Content

Judy response to my e mail request was as follows,   "I don’t know if you still need them or not.  Most of them were done in the class that you taught at the BAC.  The last couple were done on my own.  Spanish Doors is a group of door photos taken while I was in Spain.  The photos were printed onto Lutradur then heat distressed, then mounted on a quilted background.  Pear Season is thread painted and uses Lutradur for the pear leaves.  The Lutradur was painted using acrylic paints.  Leaf shapes were cut out and distressed with a heat gun, then sewn to the background.  Good luck with the blog!  I’ll be tuned in."

Enjoy the show of Judy's work... and note the clever way she has put the experimental pieces together.




























 And here are the all the samples together. A great idea to have the grommets put in and hang them on a binder ring. 

Can you tell what techniques Judy used on the pieces. 

Jo 


1 comment:

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.