A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Printing on Fabric... Printing on Lutradur Fabric.



 Printing on Fabric ...Printing on Lutradur

Printing on actual fabric is not hard. It is the same principle as printing on Lutradur.  You can buy pre treated fabric on carrier sheets from many sources. Check your local shop first. I have never tried the pre treated sheets. Maybe you can comment on your experiences.


I usually do my own fabric a muslin or white cotton. I pre treat with Bubble Jet Set (see earlier post)  Then I  iron it to a carrier sheet.


What I wanted to tell you about with this is I like to print my picture on fabric and on a separate piece of Lutradur. Then I layer them. Up close there really is no advantage but when you stand back your eye makes it seem a bit 3 d. I think this is really cool.
My original picture

My picture printed on colour washed lutradur

My picture printed on fabric


The picture printed on fabric and layered with the Lutradur.
I like the effect and it appears 3 d when you stand back.


Fabric printed with our Mr. Snook


Mr Snook layered with Light Lutradur


Mr Snook layered with coloured Lutradur. 


Try the layered look.

Jo
thesewinggeek.blogspot.ca

Give Away.
All people who leave a comment on the and then we set it on fire blog in the Month of May is entered into the Give Away of Leslie's e-book 
Leslie Riley's e-book to be given away by C & T publishing

You get one entry for making a comment. (please make sure I can contact you via that comment) 


Bonus Prize
But in order to win what I call the Bonus prize 
 you have to work harder... 

You can only be entered into the Bonus Prize by

1. Having a tip that you have shared on a posts topic.

2. Tell me you have tried something as a result of this May’s posts on Lutradur and what it was.

3. Become a follower on my blog.
(I don't want to coherence any one in becoming a follower of my blog so you can skip that one if you want to .... no pressure.)

So you can enter for Leslie's book by commenting any comment... (one entry per name) 

Or by doing #1, #2, and/or #3 for the Bonus Prize. 





2 comments:

  1. wow- I love to make things look 3D ...will definitely have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to go back and read other posts. I love to try new things, and this looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.