A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Friday, May 27, 2016

Spounges

For this I used a natural spounge, but any spounge with holes in it is usable.



Place your fabric on your printing board. Apply paint to your spounge using a foam roller or brayer - you do not want to clog the holes, so a foam brush is not suitable. Press your stamp onto your fabric.


And repeat this till you are satisfied with the result.


At the moment the background is still white, but I intend to give it a light  dye bath.


4 comments:

  1. I also think the sponge is so useful as a printing tool.
    I have enjoyed your posts.

    Some of my best printing things have been found when tidying rubbish in my neighbourhood. The problem is storing all the printing things and if I try sorting them there are the problems of which goes in which set. Space is the problem with so many textile workers

    Irene from a dull Northern Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a variety of found objects and scraps I have used in stamping, and found that small plastic bins with lids are a great way to store them... stackable, and clear so you can see into them. And I have used sponges for paint stamping for years... one of my favorites for lacy layering of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone have an opinion on whether it is better to start with light colours & go darker , or go dark to light ? I realise the light colours can be lost with too much dark, whichever way you do it !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer to start suth light colors.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.