Friday, April 15, 2011
I finally had a chance to try parfait dyeing. I really enjoyed doing it; it was a simple process. I think the outcome would have been more varied if I had used more colors of dye. I just used what I had left over from another dye session—red, a small bit of fuchsia, two blues, and a yellow. The blues were VERY similar. I used two fat quarters of PFD fabric and some of the pieces I had worked on when we did the soy wax resist. ( I just wanted to see what they would look like with this parfait dyeing.)
These are some of the fabrics I started with...
This was a "wipe up" cloth with brush strokes from my dye-mixing brush from my last dye session.
On the left--red/fuchsia and blue; top right--the two blues; bottom right--yellow, red, then blue
I used yellow, red, and a blue for these…
This was the orange, soy wax resist piece.
This was a fat quarter of PFD fabric.
This started as off-white gauze with circles.
I used red with the little fuchsia I had, then I added a blue to it for these…
This was the "wipe-up" cloth.
This was another piece of the soy wax resist fabric.
I used the two blues for these…
This was the green, soy wax resist fabric.
This began as a fat quarter of white PFD fabric.
I liked doing this, and I like the outcome. I think I'll be doing this again.