A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Friday, May 26, 2017

Thread Bowls



So… after learning how to make my Shabby Chic Scarves, then moving on to create several Fabric Collages using the Sulky Solvy technique, I came across these instructions for thread bowls by Wendy Hill, author and Textile Artist.  I’ve been collecting thread ends and other fibers for quite a while, not knowing what I would use them for, but knowing that some day the right project would come along!  The rest is history.  These bowls are not super sturdy, but they are real eye-catchers, and I think they are just the beginning for me.
After trying out Wendy’s instructions, I also bought her book


I feel I could have stopped at her tutorial, but the book does add a few ideas to the mix, for future inspiration.  Bottom line, here are 2 more great ways to use up some of your scraps (in this case thread), and create some lovely fiber art pieces! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.