Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Snow-Dyed Shibori - Some Results (1)
In my first session of shibori snow dyeing, I experimented with arashi and itajime shibori. I was very pleased by the results. Here are some of the fabrics that I got:
As I noted in an earlier post, I tend to work fairly monocromatically, not using too many colors on each piece of fabric. As a result, I tend to get fabrics where the color contrasts are not too great. Those are the kinds of results I prefer.
One thing I noticed in doing snow dyed shibori is that the resulting fabric appears less crystalline than when using other methods of preparing the fabric for snow dyeing. Here’s a piece in which the fabric was crumpled. The crystalline patterns are more apparent.