A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Rust Month Wrap-Up

Happy Halloween everyone! Today I wrap up my rust dyeing posts.  this month's posts have been an exceprt from my online video workshop Natural Dyeing With Rust.  In this workshop I cover another technique for creating rust dyed fabric.

Also, I have a free ebook, Working With Rust Dyed Fabrics available with some tips on working with your rust dyed fabrics.

And finally, a few more photos of rust and indigo blocks.


And lastly, a short promotional video for my workshop:



 Thanks to Beth and Judith for having me this month, and I look forward coming back again.









2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your posts this month and appreciate your insights on rust dyeing. I love the idea of different artists sharing their interests as well. Each time I read this blog I get closer to actually testing out the various techniques of actually attempting it myself! I have a small collection of rusted items and will continue to get more fabric inspiration from other contributors as well. Thank you. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I do rust dyeing and it was good to get some more tips.
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.