A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Repost of "Marble Crazy"

This is a post from 2011 by another of our founding member, Rosalita Feero.


Hi All,
Sorry I am so late posting my marbling play day with Kathy Molatch. We had a great day and learned a little more about marbling. However, we also learned we need to know a lot more.
As Kathy mentioned, I mixed the Carageenan without putting Calgon in it. My water is hard and really needed the water softener. We mixed it in later but I don’t think it did as well as it would have if I had put the Calgon in from the get go.
Here is a start on what I want to accomplish. The problem is the paint did not stay where I wanted it.







I sort of like this one but still not quite what I want.
At the end, we got a little funky. I am a what-if kind of gal. So………..
















This was not as great. I used transparent purple first and then it was hard to work the opaque paint afterwards.

Here is a picture of my days marbling.




I had a great day and hopefully will find some more time soon to try again.





1 comment:

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.