A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Marbling - part two

Good morning!  These are photos of finished pieces at the end of the day.






















































































More finished pieces.  Looking at these photos, I realized that not only did Rosalita choose opaque, she also gravitates toward the warm side of the color spectrum.  I'm on the cool side with my transparent paints.

This is one of my pieces done on dark navy.  The dark, almost black background really made the colors pop.

A view of my finished pieces.

This marbling session really taught me a lot.  I can't wait to get into this in my studio, which I'll be doing this weekend.  I hope that some of you out there in fiber land get the opportunity to try this technique and post some results.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Stunning finishes! Everything is so colorful here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible results. I went away from the first post on marbling mumbling about having to wait for the results. But really, you blew me away with this pieces. Worth the wait. I've tried marbling and not always had success. My best was on a pair of shoes. Unfortunately they weren't comfy so I gave them away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Beth! I have this on my "to do" list for this year... been wanting to try it for a long time!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.