A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Beth Berman and Deconstructed Silk Screens

No time for yawning here. We will be going over all aspects of deconstructed silk screens including how to move from a small square silk screen to larger screens, making small screens connect and how to eliminate "white" if white spots bug you. I guarantee you will learn at least one new thing or I'll eat my squeegee -smile.
Another new feature will be using a deconstructed screen to print a 72" silk scarf with one fold (printed folded) and what exactly can you do with this amazing fabric when you are done?  This is where you my potential 3 helpers and other followers come in. Contact me either through a comment below or on my contact form so you can be introduced to the FIRE community. 

24 comments:

  1. Beth, I love DSP, so you cant count me in - when no hogging is included! As a follower certainly, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be a follower here Beth, because I have very little experience with DSP, but I look forward to learning more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to follow your deconstructed screen class; however I am new to this site and not sure how I do that. Could you advise me how to access these demos. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. would love to be a follower. Very intrigued by DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be a follower, if I got your notice, I assume I am on your list. vivianhelena@sti.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. would love to follow along,
    if I got this notice I assume I am in the loop. vivianhelena@sti.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definitely be following along as I enjoy DSP and know that there is always more to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I did something wrong as my info didn't show up with my previous comment. gjeneve@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never done any DSP - I'd love to have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. DSP is fascinating and I will be following and hoping to find time and space to play.

    ReplyDelete
  11. DSP is something I've only done at a course so some more practice will be great thanks. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. DSP is something I've only done at a course so some more practice will be great thanks. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been wanting to try deconstructed screen printing for a long time, so please count me in on learning how to do this too.
    Diane www.dianem.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd love to learn about this. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lackawana, I need an email address. Please email me at beth dot from dot maine at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I sent you an email with my address. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like to learn more. I enjoy this site. I read it often

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love DSP and would love to be included in your class. I, too, am new to this sight, so I hope you'll provide me with the info I need to access the class.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very, very interested in this! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like fun! I'll be following.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I see my name is on the list in January but just want to reaffirm I am looking
    forward to this class on deconstructed silk screening. thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.