Monday, September 17, 2012

Nasturtiums - after laundering

After laundering, I would say there was very little fading, which is good.  I think I will try to use a larger brush for any future pieces for the shading... the areas around the leaves and flowers look sloppy to me next to the areas where I used the larger brush to extend the background colors.  And I'm not sure I will do any more to this, although it would be a good candidate for doing some free motion stitching to add details.  All in all, this is a good technique and I'm glad I gave it a try,  I can't wait to see what the rest of you do painting with thickened dyes!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this experiment. I really like the shading at the bottom and I agree - you should free motion this. (and post it of course) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah -- you should definitely hit it with some free-motion thread. I like the way the blue stripes turned out -- they balance the rest to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out very well, and I'd sure love to see what it would look like if you continue on to thread paint over it. The colors are so joyous. Well done! A larger brush and keeping a wet edge while doing the background will give you more satisfaction. The shadows you've achieved on the right side are great, and thread will enhance them and make the flowers float.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you and even better have some links to your work!