Monday, January 12, 2015
Ugly duckling 3
This time the duckling is a deconstructed screen print which had too much white on it.
I soda soaked it and accordeon folded it like this:
Placed it in a glass jar, added ice cubes on it and seafoam procion dye powder.
After this dye bath it looked like this. Much work was still needed.
Of course you can buy stamps, but I love working with unusual stamps. For this piece of fabric I stamped with bubble wrap and punchinella. For the bubble wrap I used teal Golden Acrylic and for the punchinella Pebeo Setacolor transparent fuchsia.
The colors used in the deconstructed screen printing were red and blue so using similar colors would keep the whole design together.
After the two stamping session this fabric still needed more so I decided to give it another dye bath. I forgot to write down the exact colors I used, but they were different yellows, one was straw and the other might have been golden yellow or sun yellow.
This fabric was a difficult one, but I am satisfied with the result I got. Here is a picture of a detail: