A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Friday AMAs #3

It's time for another Friday AMAs - Ask Me Any question.

Here's your chance to Ask Me Any (AMA) questions you have.  It could be about the techniques we learned so far or whatever you need to be answered.

Thanks for all the questions I got last Friday.  As I've said before. I love the interaction.  So keep the questions and the discussions coming.

Are you learning some new things in stitch design, are you encountering problems, are you making some great strides?  Do you find it all above your head and feel like giving up?

Talk to me.  I want to help the best I can. Leave your comments and questions below.  Those who've sent me private messages know, I answered them too.  So don't be shy.  Ask away!!!

Everyone is welcomed to jump in with their answers, opinions and follow-up questions, This is intended to be a community discussion time.  So jump right in.

It'll be nice for you to also share your work in progress. I’ll be waiting.

Warmest Regards,

8 comments:

  1. Do you block your work before or after you put on the binding/facing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, I've not had to block my work but if I did it'd be before I finish the edges. Because I believe the work will get the best chance to lay flat if the edges have not yet been bound.

      Delete
  2. Have you digitised any of your art for commercial purposes? If yes how successful has it been?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you say digitized, do you mean as in embroidery designs? If so, no. I haven't done that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I mean have the images printed on fabric.. with spoonflower.com etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't printed any on spoonflower but I have recently had some of my thread shadings & collage work printed on scarves and pocket squares by VIDA - https://shopvida.com/collections/me.

      Delete
  5. Wow the silk really pops! I was worried that it would lose its 'glow' in the translation.. clearly not.. thank you for sharing.. much appreciated.!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.