A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A few more pics from this winter

I think these pics are wet on the print table. Let me see if I can find pics after they are dried and ironed. If not I'll take new pics.





 These brown squares are used colored print paste out of the "slop jar" but you know, I kind of like them. Kind of Rusty and a great first layer. Aren't those spots cute?



 I think the one on the left was a yellow screen followed by a blue screen. I go wild (really) and try to cover all the "white spot". I do have to admit these are the BEST prints I have ever gotten. See this is how an addiction starts - chasing that "perfect" print... I'm a goner.....LOVE THIS.
The bottom left picture reminds me of Coleus leaves
Here they are washed, dried and ironed on my bed.


I am going to be starting some small works to sell on my new website Necessities or not. I will be using the art cloth in these pics so I'll take some close-ups of the fabric on the bed so you can see the degree of color retention. Don't you just love the purple, pink and olive squares? Yummy.

5 comments:

  1. I love the new website. I wish you much luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful prints. I love the green/bleu ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - love to see what you can get with this method!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just plain yummy. I'm anxious to get started. I'm planning on working on my screens tomorrow. My print paste is all mixed up and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.