A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Working my way Through Rayna's book

I don't know about you but I am so excited to have Rayna leading our experiments in January!  She will be leading us in reinventing UFOs.  

I have already gotten started on a different chapter in her book.  An early chapter is on making and using strip sets.   Here is a picture of an art quilt I am working on using strips sets and the Double F motif I have used before.  It is not finished yet but I am really excited about it.
 Not all blocks are created equal.  I made some ugly ones that did not make the quilt.   Lucky Me!

 You will get to see them again in January when I use them as my UFOs.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting that you are starting already. I am so jazzed about Rayna's book and how much fun we will have in January. I am going through Rayna's first book and doing some dyeing today.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.