Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sun Printing By LuAnn Kessi Part 3



Sun Printing


Guest: LuAnn Kessi




I am sun printing……with a quilt in mind.







This photo album cover is my inspiration!





Prints…..drying in the back yard:


I use foam core boards to paint the fabric and

transport it out into the sunshine to dry.











Here are the results of my day:









Wooden letters made a great resist…















Ferns, Oak Leaves, Maple Leaves…





















Queen Anne's Lace






















I plan to use these sun prints in a Quilt...






The potential Quilt is hanging on the line!







Botanicals covered with paint…





 Time to Clean Up:




I hope you get busy with paints and fabrics

and spend the day in the sunshine!






6 comments:

  1. I am really curious to know how you got the Queen Annes Lace to flatten out and stay on the fabric to give you a good print! These all look beautiful and I'm sure the quilt you make will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great deep colors. That is something I have trouble with -- getting the colors so deep.

    Sigh. Love yours so much.

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous...
    and a note about the Pebeo paints..apparently they are reducing their line of transparent paints(so I am going to buy a whackload of it).
    How do you get such brilliant colours? Mine usually are much paler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colors are GREAT!!! So vibrant!!!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you and even better have some links to your work!