|Here's my dried, glue-treated muslin. This is about a yard and a half, all nice and crunchy!|
|Rosalita photographing her treated fabric (please disregard the studio chaos!).|
|After chopping off a hunk of the muslin, I laid it out to contemplate just what I wanted to do with it. At the right are my strips of white tissue paper and a container of the diluted PVA glue.|
|The existing wrinkles were suggesting tree trunks, and I decided to follow that idea to see where it would lead. Additional wrinkles were called for, so the fabric was re-wet with the glue solution and scrunched up some more.|
|In this next step I'm applying tissue strips to add more body to the piece as well as more texture. These I glued randomly, adding wrinkly texture as I went.|
|Detail of the first layers of cheesecloth.|
More on this piece to come!