A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Jumping on the bandwagon...

I started with a piece of black, heavy weight jersey cotton, marked it with chalk and then loosely pulled some threads through the markings. (You'll note that I decided not to do the circles on the top left hand-side after all.)

Once I pulled the thread tight I used a small sized squeeze bottle of bleach to apply bleach along the pulled areas, and sprinkled drops randomly over the blank area.  When completed, the result was:

Which I'm rather pleased with.



  1. And well you should be pleased! I do like the effect too! I had not really thought about applying the bleach in the method you suggested. Now I have another thing to try this weekend.

  2. This is cool -- I've been thinking of trying out my smocking pleater to gather fabric for discharge...


Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.