A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Transfer Crayons - Day 4

Today I’m showing the samples that I did using transfer crayons.

They are quick and easy to use but it is important to brush off any small bits and to iron on a clean cloth. Flecks of crayon do have a habit of spreading!!!

One advantage of crayons is that you can use them for rubbings thus achieving lots of texture. There are so many textured objects around us that normally we are spoilt for choice. I have a fence outside my kitchen door and the knots in the wood look like eyes, as there always seem to be two together.
I simply laid a piece of paper on a piece of wood and rubbed away with the cerise crayon.

I then simply ironed the paper coloured side down onto a piece of taffeta.







Below is a piece where I drew squiggles using every colour crayon in the box.
The left hand piece is on the paper and the right hand photo shows the design ironed onto the fabric.

This was one of the first pieces that I tried and you can see several flecks of crayon have transferred onto the fabric.


The following photos are the same design ironed onto lutradur and fabric




After I had ironed the design onto the fabric I just drew more circles on the paper and then used it again to iron the design onto the lutradur. The papers can be used more than once. The colour is lighter after the first transfer but you can always add more colours.


The final photo shows a combination of paint and crayon.



Firstly I painted a piece of paper with yellow disperse dye and ironed it onto a piece of fabric.
Then I used an orange crayon to make some marks on the paper and ironed it again onto the fabric.

I hope you will join me on Friday when I will show you some of my printing experiments. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me
Yvonne

2 comments:

  1. I love the flexibility of design. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late catching up on posts, but I'm getting excited at the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.