I used a piece of stiff sheet of acetate (I think it is acetate but it is the stuff you buy at quilt shops to cut out templates or cut for stencils, do you know what I mean?). I used multiple colors of fabric paint, fabric printing ink, and FW Inks thickened with base extender. I applied them by dotting them onto the sheet and then spreading with a sponge breyer. I used some weeds from the yard to act as a resist and laid them on top of the paint. I then layered mystery fabic--not cotton but maybe rayon--on top of the paint/leaves.
To make my direct print I pressed the fabric either with my hands or with another breyer so that the paint printed on the fabric. My second print or shadow print was made by removing the weeds and placing a second piece of fabric on the acetate sheet. The paint left under the plants then printed onto the fabric. My third print was made by placing the paint covered weeds onto a third piece of fabric and pressing so the paint on the plants transfered to the fabric. I made a 4th print by spraying my acetate sheet with water to wet the remaining paint so it would transfer. Beth has posted that picture.