A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Materials

I think one of the processes that is really keeping me from moving forward on this project is the choice of materials. I had every intention of conducting (fabric) paint experiments on various thin fabrics and use layers of these fabrics to create my squares. I am hoping one day to use paint on these fabrics but I am looking for a new material to use to make this piece. Today I had an inspiration and I think it will be the perfect material to make this piece (working name "Rest"). 
This morning while "boiling" the knit bag I am felting, I decided to try acid dyeing a bit of felted wool. Not only did it come out but it captured the complex multiple colors I wanted to use to create the "feeling" of  rest.
I am going to start a few experiments with needle felting as well although the effect may not in actuality create the "feelings" I am intending. However that is the nature of  experimentation.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.