A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Roving and felting

I was lucky enough to see this offer on a yahoo group of 50 oz's of wool and silk roving for about $50.00. It 's been a while and the details are fuzzy but I didn't take me long to grab the box and start looking for greens and blues to give a better sense of the colors I want for this Rothko like piece.



The bag in the center above the blues bag is all silk roving.

These are my choices for the thin coats of roving to tone and cool the colors of the dyed felted blanket.



1 comment:

  1. Lucky girl! I have been saving roving for an un-named project so I will be following along with you.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.