A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Painting techniques day 12

Painted fusible webbing

This is a really interesting technique which I have used many times. Instead of me showing a step-by-step, I will upload this YouTube Video.














Remember that after you have applied the painted fusible web, you MUST use release paper to iron your piece forever. A hot iron used directly on the painted fusible will melt and smear it.

3 comments:

  1. Hei Beth, very interesting video you shared in this post. Now I am wondering, the samples you show, are these on fabric? And when you use it on fabric, how about the sticking when you do not cover it? I hope you understand what I mean...

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.