I was kind of rushing and it didn't do as good a job applying the glue as I had done in previous pieces.
I used a sponge and paint brush to apply the paint. The paint was covering the images and I was concerned this "test piece" might not come out well. The images I applied in glue are a favorite of mine. I have used them many times and will probably use them again in the future. I call this shape "Mussels".
When the paint dried, I heat set it or else it would have simply washed out of the fabric. That also means I "cooked" the glue. After heat setting, I placed the piece of fabric in my bathroom sink with warm water. I had to do it twice since the glue was applied so thickly. Surprisingly (to me), the piece came out quite nicely. Nice crisp images with no loss of paint.