A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

(not so) Heavy Metal - Pt 3 cont.

OK...so I'm not going to post a photo of the stitched "Block Busted" because it looks exactly like the last photo from yesterday!!

But...I will post the photo of the other piece I did with this technique.

I'm currently working on a series of pieces which are textile versions of several of my own macro photos.  This one is entitled "Peeling Birch".  I've also posted a photo of this one alongside the photo that inspired it.

"Peeling Birch"
The "bendable" bark is in two places on this one

The Inspiritation


So I hope you all enjoyed this excursion into the world of various metals.  I'm going to give you a few days to play.  I'll be back for more fun on Tuesday!! I'll be checking the blog for comments and/or questions so comment/ask away!!

Just a word for the future (well at least in the future of this month)...you might want to be gathering foil candy wrappers.....  OK..I KNOW that will be a HUGE sacrifice for so many of you.  But I have faith in you.  I KNOW you can eat those chocolates and other candies for the sake of your art!  

Till Tuesday then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.