A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Distortion & Dyeing

Check out the new work I put on my blog this morning--it's a new technique I'm exploring, and this is my first "semi-completed" project. Let me know if it might be something you're interested in doing this January!

5 comments:

  1. I've got the book. I've got the time. Ive got the inclination!!!!! Watch me go.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not heard of this technique. It sure looks interesting. I'd love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have borrowed that book from my art quilt guild and have made 2 quilts using techniques from the book. I would love to play some more!

    Here are the links to what I have made:

    http://photothreads.blogspot.com/2010/06/field-of-dreams.html

    http://photothreads.blogspot.com/2010/05/spring-jdemilo.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember those quilts, Judith, and had no idea you made them following directions in the book I suggested. Love the wool batting you found, I might try to order some of that, see how it compares to the stuff I got at Joann's. I was too scared to agitate mine in the washer, but I think it made yours shrink up more and get more distorted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, found the book in my TO DO stack. Sigh.....I think if this is a "project" for one of the months I may actually GET TO IT, you know?
    :)Bea

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.