- Sewing Machine Needles: Universal or Embroidery 80/20, 90/14; Topstitch 90/14
- Threads: I use light weight polyester threads (40 weight) because I like the sheen of polyester as opposed to cotton. Also, lightweight means I can build up thread in areas where I want dark shading as well as light shading.
|Polyester Threads for Drawing on Fabric|
- Bobbin Threads: I use the same thread in my bobbin as on top. You can use rayon threads as well.
- FMQ Teflon Mat: I use a teflon mat on my machine bed to help me easily move my fabric around. I initially had the Supreme Slider for a while but when it got worn out, I tried a different one. And I love this new one I got from SewSlip. It’s a little bit bigger 12”x 18” compared to the Queen size Supreme Slider- 11 1/2 x 17 and it’s thinner; which makes it sit seamlessly on my machine bed.
- Quilting Gloves: I have a couple from Fons and Porter and from Machingers to help me control the fabric and keep a firm grip. I love Machingers the best but its the most difficult to keep clean. However, any type of quilting gloves will do.
- Batting: - I use polyester felt in my quilt sandwich, you can use light weight cotton or cotton/polyester blend batting if you want.
- Sewing Machine for FMQ : You'll need a sewing machine with the ability to have feed dogs down and a darning foot attached