A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Monoprinting

I am glad to have the chance to publish some of my experiences on  The Fireblog. I follow this blog for a long time and I appreciate your works, they inspire me.

Thanks Beth for this opportunity!


My name is Carmina Plosceanu and I live in Bucharest, Romania. Ten years ago I discovered textile art on the internet, but I started working only in 2008, after I joined the Yahoo group called "Peticelul Romanesc" (Romanian Patch) which gathered together some Romanian ladies from Europe, who loved textile art. The Group has completed the work in 2011 and then I enrolled in Milliande Art Commnunity, where I participated in many artistic exchanges and I had much to learn.

I am self-taught, I learned to work by studying of different techniques on the internet. After I experienced various textile art techniques, I started doing something else, textile collages, paper collage, textile dyeing, painting, plastic fusing, surface design, paper or textile beads, tyvek,  monoprinting, etc.

 

Today I want to present some monoprintings. First I tried to do monoprinting with acrylic on a ceramic plate. The things have not really successful, perhaps because I have not chosen the best color consistency.



For this, I supplemented by adding a few lines of drawing and the result is this ...



Then I made myself a gelliplate, a little one...


In this case, things went easier....




  


  





Then I tried to monoprint by using a plastic sheet...hum, could be better, acrylic dries too quickly!!
Finally, I had to add some corrections, color effects, on the monoprinted sheet.



From all this, I was able to draw a conclusion: it is true that, working with gelliplate, things are going better.


Carmina
 


7 comments:

  1. They are wonderful prints. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What types of paints/dyes are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you worked into the first two images.
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pieces are wonderful! Because acrylic does dry rather quickly, I would suggest using an Open acrylics or acrylic extender as they allow more work time and a slower dry time. I have used the extender/acrylic mix on the gel plate, printing on fabric, with much success. I use a hard acrylic board/Perspex/Plexi glass instead of the gel plate for making fabric prints too - great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Carmina for all your great posts. You incororate so many techniques which is, I'm sure, why your pieces are so successful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the results and the ceramic plate ones look so good when you have worked into them. Each method gives an entirely different result.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.