I wanted the "color" of my print paste to be light. This is the first time I have used colored print paste so I am very excited to see how it looks. Judith did this with great success over the summer.
This is the foam core screen I made. It is a VERY cheap way to at least try deconstructed screen printing. It was maybe $2. to make this screen. I have already used it once before and washed it. The Gorilla tape is waterproff.
The dried dye is deep navy and I used a very light mixture of lemon yellow. It ended up kind of olive which I like much better than lemon yellow (smile)
This is the padding on the table with a failed piece of dyed cotton covering it to catch the drips. Lots of drips.
I found a 6" strip of white and since I had more dye......
Now I am just fooling around, pulling prints then using another screen on top of the prints and pulling another print.
Many prints from all 3 screens one on top of the other. Interesting!
In a beaker and below with soda ash solution added to it. This failed print was SO ugly and even these cool drips haven't been able to pull it out of the "ugly" category. As Judith says, "It needs more layers"
These are rice bags that I put in the microwave oven for 3 minutes then make a sandwich with one on top and one on bottom of the plastic wrapped cloth
Then I cover with a towel. I waited a few hours then popped them into the washer. Think I go transfer them to the dryer....