A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Great Examples of How to Use Shibori Fabrics

I love the shibori fabrics we all have made, but I was at a loss as to how I might use mine. A friend recommended this site to me. There are GORGEOUS quilts made from GORGEOUS shibori fabrics. Check out Jan Myers-Newberry's work at her website. (http://www.janmyersnewbury.com/) Click on "Portfolio" at the bottom of the page. Wow!

2 comments:

  1. In June she's teaching some workshops here in North Carolina at the statewide Quilt Symposium--I signed up for one of her classes in mid-January, but won't find out until March 1st whether or not I got into it. Sure hope I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous site! Thanks for sharing, Beth.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.