A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Texture to "Finish" a Piece


I made this little art quilt from paint, Mul-tex, thread and batting.  But it was missing something.  It has texture from the gel medium and the threads, but it's still a little blah.


Enter Extreme Texture Technique!  I took some of my hand-dyed cheesecloth and wadded it up and draped it across the bottom.  Then I used my walking foot and a zigzag stitch to stitch it down.

I left some of it hanging over the binding.  Much better!

3 comments:

  1. I like the texture of the cheese cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I am a BIG fan of cheese cloth. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cheese cloth adds a really nice texture. The color is nice too!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.