A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Friday, February 18, 2011

One last batik before the fat lady sings

These two shirts were in the rag bag. They were beige and mint green (what was I thinking) linen. Nice shirt but pukey colors. I was going to get some shirts from Goodwill but found these while purging my studio during the re-design of my space.
I was going to do a two color dye but ended up liking these colors so I stopped here. The first one was beige and was dyed dark navy.





This next one was mint green. I was going for a nice deep green but it ended up this color. I may over dye it in the future but mean while, I kind of like this eye popping color.

5 comments:

  1. Great colors! Now I have a hankering to go to Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking shirts! Pretty nice for rags! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth,
    You have such a way with rehabbing wearables! These are both lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new mustard color shirt Beth.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.